Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Cabanero, Christian" <ca...@amazon.com> on 2006/04/18 00:22:45 UTC

Weird auto-props behavior

Hello,

I've been observing some strage behavior with use of auto-props, specifically for keyword expansion.  In my ~/.subversion/config file I have the following:

[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes

[auto-props]
*.java = svn:keywords="Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate"

All of the keywords now work for java files *except* for Id.  In my file I have the text $Id$ expecting it to expand but it does not.  All the other keywords do work however.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christian

--
Christian Cabanero
Senior Technical Program Product Mgr.

Re: Weird auto-props behavior

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Cabanero, Christian wrote:
> I've been observing some strage behavior with use of auto-props,
> specifically for keyword expansion.  In my ~/.subversion/config file I
> have the following:
>
> [miscellany]
> enable-auto-props = yes
>
> [auto-props]
> *.java = svn:keywords="Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate"
>
> All of the keywords now work for java files *except* for Id.  In my file
> I have the text $Id$ expecting it to expand but it does not.  All the
> other keywords do work however.

Date and LastChangedDate are effectively the same, IIRC.  If you removed
  Date, you'd see LastChangedDate fail as well.

The problem is with the quotes you have there;  the autoprops entry
should read:

*.java = svn:keywords=Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate

Otherwise svn is looking for keywords named:

"Id
Date
Author
Revision
LastChangedDate"

(note how the quotes get pulled into the "real" keywords).

-kgd