Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/18 06:54:07 UTC

Cassandra consume large memory

Dear all,

I use JMX to monitor Cassandra server.

Heap Memory Usage show:
Used : 600MB, Commit 2.1G, Max: 2.1G

But htop show Cassandra process consume 3.1G.

Could you tell me why Cassandra occupy memory very large than in used?

Thank a lot for support.

--
Best regards,
JKnight

Re: Cassandra consume large memory

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
No, the point is that it's the same memory that would be cached anyway
if you were using non-mmap'd I/O.

This will be more obvious once you have say 10x more data (and SHR)
than you have ram (and RES).

Posted by JKnight JKnight <be...@gmail.com>.
Thank for your response.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.