Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 06:07:36 UTC

[drlvm][threading] questions about H3288

Salikh,

I applied all three of your patches in H3288.  Several of the mods are stale
and out of date.  I fixed all the problem mods and got a clean compile.  Is
it worthwhile for me to post a patch file containing the latest "rebased"
version of 3288 to JIRA?

I also tried running "build test" and hit:
       [cc] test_native_fat_monitor.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more
multiply defined symbols found

Are you currently working on fixing the above problems?  What remains to be
finished to get H3288 in commitable shape?

Thanks
              Weldon

Re: [drlvm][threading] questions about H3288

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@intel.com> wrote:

> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > Are you currently working on fixing the above problems?  What remains to
> be
> > finished to get H3288 in commitable shape?
>
> Weldon, yes, I am currently preparing an updated patch for HARMONY-3288,
> that
> will address all of the problems and get the patch into committable shape.

This is good.  I will wait for your next update to 3288 and also start
looking at 3289

--

--
Weldon Washburn

Re: [drlvm][threading] questions about H3288

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.
Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Weldon Washburn wrote:
>
>> Are you currently working on fixing the above problems?  What remains to be
>> finished to get H3288 in commitable shape?
>>

> Weldon, yes, I am currently preparing an updated patch for HARMONY-3288, that
> will address all of the problems and get the patch into committable shape.

Weldon, Peter,

I have just uploaded updated patch series to HARMONY-3288. Please review.
The updated patch series includes refactoring of thread creation
interfaces in addition to condition variable and mutex.
Besides, it has Linux implementation too.

I'm going to proceed to finishing HARMONY-3289 now, with 2 major goals
*) make sure thread memory leak is fixed
*) make sure no regressions are introduced.

--
Salikh Zakirov