Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co> on 2018/04/17 04:32:19 UTC

[MODERATE EMAIL] Wiki edit request

Hi Mathieu Lirzin,

Your email has been moderated, please subscribe mailing list
http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Regarding wiki edit access, Please refer Wiki access
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/6IAWAw>

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
Director of Product Engineering

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the idea but this is not in hour hands but ASF infra team http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact

Only moderation is.

Sincerely the ASF uses ezmlm <http://untroubled.org/ezmlm/> for handling its ML, and I doubt the infra will change anything there ;)

Imagine, the infra team is a handful of guys and they handle tons of MLs

Jacques

Posted by Chris Clark <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Mathieu,

Le 17/04/2018 à 12:22, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
> Hello Jacques,
>
> Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> writes:

>>> Indeed I was unaware of this requirement.  Maybe the wording in [1]
>>> should be changed to make it clear that signing an ICLA is a
>>> requirement.  Additionally it would be nice it was giving some
>>> information regarding the license upon which wiki contributions are
>>> made.
>> Obviously it's ASL2 since you send your ICLA to the ASF ;)
> Sorry I am not used to the Apache way.  :-)
>
> I would expect the ASL2 to require somekind of copying statement on each
> wiki page.  No?
I don't think it's needed. Maybe a small sentence could be added to the header that currently says:
     "Access to add and change pages is restricted. See: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Wiki+access"
I'm not sure it's worth it, what others think, especially Sharan?

Jacques

Re: [MODERATE EMAIL] Wiki edit request

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Jacques,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Mathieu

No worries. Normally when people request access to our wiki, if they don’t have an ICLA then I send them the link to the contributors page to take a look at because it includes a link to the discussion about introducing it, when it was introduced (in November 2014)  and what it means to sign an ICLA.  A link to the original discussion link is here : https://s.apache.org/N0sF

I’ll try and explain from my perspective. The details on the wiki are an important part of the project just like the OFBiz code. Everything we do as a project is done under the Apache Licence which simply means it open and free for anyone to use. Signing an ICLA means that you understand that anything you contribute  (or want to contribute) is done so under the Apache Licence and that you are happy to do this.

As Jacques mentioned, for the notification, once the ICLA is filed, the PMC gets an notification directly from the secretary

Hope this helps

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi  Mathieu,

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Sharan,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Mathieu

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Deepak,

It's great to have the  [MODERATE EMAIL] prefix on the 1st moderated message. But then people reuse the subject prefix w/o removing the prefix and
it's confusing.

I think we should not add this prefix to avoid this confusion

Thanks

Jacques