Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/02/22 15:32:58 UTC

Cleaning up in the Branches?

Hi,

I was thinking of changing the Jenkins pipeline multibranch plugin to auto-build “feature/*” instead of “feature-autobuild/*” as none seems to be using that. Then I noticed quite several old branches in our repos … could we please spare 5 minutes and do a little housekeeping and delete obsolete ones? I just went through my branches and deleted the ones I am sure I will never need again.

Chris

Re: Cleaning up in the Branches?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi,

I use to remove what is in no use (i.e: mdl branch was removed as I
finished).
I have now two: "amf" and "sprite-refactor" (I removed the old one
spriteflexjs-refactor and created a new one with the new code since the old
one was causing me problems).

regarding the new sprite-refactor branch, I recommend to use rebase, since
merging what 's in develop to a branch is hard to manage. I did a mail
explaining rebase git feature and hope you guys hold this technique since I
thing is such powerful.

thanks

--

Carlos Rovira