Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/02 10:24:11 UTC

newbie Q: is there a document explainging Domain.xml ?

Hi,
Looking for detail explaination of Domain.xml file but
cann't find most of them. general questions I have
are:

1. What does this mean ?
2. What else I can use ?
3. What's the impact of changing/not changing this ?

For example, inthe default Domain.xml file, we have:

 <securitystore>
    <reference store="nodestore"/>
 </securitystore>

So what does this <reference> mean ?

In the configuration section, what do these mean:

 <userspath>/users</userspath>
 <rolespath>/roles</rolespath>
 <actionspath>/actions</actionspath>
 <filespath>/files</filespath>

thanks in advance
lixin

Re: newbie Q: is there a document explainging Domain.xml ?

Posted by Morten <li...@kikobu.com>.
Victor Anyakin wrote:
> Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:
>

>> lixin chu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Looking for detail explaination of Domain.xml file but
>>> cann't find most of them. general questions I have
>
> Is there any type of documentation or 'reference' for domain.xml file?
> Explaining in detail what it may contain, and what not. It's a bit
> difficult for newcomers to understand 'domain.xml'.

Hear hear. The learning curve for Slide is very steep for newcomers.
While the product is great and this list is somewhat responsive,
progress is slow due to lacking documentation.

Morten

Re: newbie Q: is there a document explainging Domain.xml ?

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
Hmmm from what I can tell looking at globalvision's site - it looks out
of date; especially when they say that the current version of Slide is
1.0.12
I think checking out the wiki or just using the mailing list is probably
better....
If you guys do find your answers - please take a little time and add
some notes into the wiki... (I'm trying to do that now with domain.xml -
though I'm probably where guys are at in terms of knowledge) the more
documentation (any documentation) the more popular this project will get
- and the more popular Slide gets, the better the documentation effort...

Posted by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com>.
I found these two:

Posted by Victor Anyakin <an...@sourcevalley.com>.

Posted by lixin chu <li...@yahoo.com>.