Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> on 2011/03/03 15:41:49 UTC

GSoC timeline updated

I just updated the timeline at http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html for GSoC 2011. Our own
deadlines have yet to be added.

Uli

Re: GSoC timeline updated

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Thanks Uli and Ross,

Antoine

Re: GSoC timeline updated

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 03/03/2011 15:09, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> I guess the first step would be to identify issues and somehow tag/label them. I'm not a Bugzilla
> user, can you tag/label issues and create a bookmarkable search for issues with theses tags/labels
> in Bugzilla?

-1 on using bugzilla for the reasons given in my other mail.

Trust me, admins need to focus on keeping it as simple as possible for
themselves.

> code-awards is a private, committers-only list. Subscription is via
> code-awards-subscribe@apache.org, list archives are available for ASF members at [1].

Thanks for the correction on that.

Ross

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: GSoC timeline updated

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: GSoC timeline updated

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 03/03/2011 14:54, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> What are the steps to offer two GSOC projects for Ant ? Can we enter our
> GSOC issues in bugzilla ?

This has yet to be defined by this years admin team. However, based on
previous years you will not be able to use bugzilla since we need to be
able to provide a single URL for all issues. Most ASF projects use JIRA
and therefore, in the past, we have used JIRA (and a wiki prior to that).

For projects using Bugzilla the process for last year was for you to
enter them into the ComDev instance of JIRA.

This is documented at
http://community.apache.org/use-the-comdev-issue-tracker-for-gsoc-tasks.html

Please note that this process will be slightly different this year as
our JIRA instance has been upgraded and thus the way of labelling GSOC
projects may be different.

> Is the code-awards list archived somewhere ? I did not see on
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/

I don't think it is archived. Discussions on that group tend to be about
the evaluation process and individual applicants.

> What is the subscription email address for code-awards ?

code-awards-subscribe@apache.org

Subscription is limited to ASF committers.

Ross

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler