Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Turner, Robbin J" <Ro...@boeing.com> on 2009/11/13 01:05:49 UTC

Multicore solr.xml schemaName parameter not being recognized

When using Solr 1.4 in multicore configuration:

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib>
        <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" sharedSchema="false">
                <core name="core0" instanceDir="/opt/multicore" dataDir="/opt/core0" schemaName="schema-core0.xml" />
                <core name="core1" instanceDir="/opt/multicore" dataDir="/opt/core1" schemaName="schema-core1.xml" />
        </cores>
</solr>

I get a runtime error:

SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find resource 'schema.xml' in classpath or '/opt/multicore/conf/', cwd=/root
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:260)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openSchema(SolrResourceLoader.java:220)
        at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:94)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:426)

Anyone, see what I might be doing wrong?   The schema files are in the conf directory.  If I copy one of the schema-core0.xml file to schema.xml then it works fine.

Thanks
RJ

RE: Multicore solr.xml schemaName parameter not being recognized

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: On the CoreAdmin wiki page.  thanks

FWIW: The only time the string "schemaName" appears on the CoreAdmin wiki
page is when it mentions that "solr.core.schemaName" is a property that is
available to cores by default.

the documentation for <core> specificly says...

>> The <core> tag accepts the following attributes:
>>  * schema - The schema file name for a given core. The default is

So the documentation is correct.

-Hoss

RE: Multicore solr.xml schemaName parameter not being recognized

Posted by "Turner, Robbin J" <Ro...@boeing.com>.
On the CoreAdmin wiki page.  thanks

> When using Solr 1.4 in multicore configuration:
>
> <solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib>
>         <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" sharedSchema="false">
>                 <core name="core0" instanceDir="/opt/multicore" dataDir="/opt/core0" schemaName="schema-core0.xml" />
>                 <core name="core1" instanceDir="/opt/multicore" dataDir="/opt/core1" schemaName="schema-core1.xml" />
>         </cores>
> </solr>
>
> I get a runtime error:
>
> SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find resource 'schema.xml' in classpath or '/opt/multicore/conf/', cwd=/root
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:260)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openSchema(SolrResourceLoader.java:220)
>         at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:94)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:426)
>
> Anyone, see what I might be doing wrong?   The schema files are in the conf directory.  If I copy one of the schema-core0.xml file to schema.xml then it works fine.
>
> Thanks
> RJ

Try just using schema rather than schemaName - where did you find that?
Some bad documentation somewhere?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Multicore solr.xml schemaName parameter not being recognized

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.