Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Schaub <ss...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 20:13:18 UTC

Using J2EE DataSources with Tomcat 5.5

When developing web applications that use J2EE DataSources to provide
database connection pooling, I dislike having to jump through all the
hoops that are typically necessary (i.e., set up the DataSource in the
development web application server).

Recently, I discovered that it's possible with Tomcat 5.5 to define
DataSource information in a configuration file that is part of the web
application project itself. A great convenience. I've written up my
findings here, since it took me some time searching the mailing list
and perusing the documentation to figure it out. Feel free to peruse
and edit if corrections are necessary:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/UsingDataSources

--
Stephen Schaub