Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2017/02/15 21:04:11 UTC

1.11 feature suggestions

Release Manager Satoshi-san is putting the final touches on the 1.10 RC,
and he should be sending out an announcement on that shortly for voting by
the community.

While that is happening, I wanted to suggest some ideas for 1.11 .

Based on the recent survey
http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/community-artifacts/Apache-MADlib-user-survey-results-Oct-2016.pdf
graph analytics was identified as a desired area of development for Apache
MADlib.

You can also have a look at my recent talk on FOSDEM17 on this topic
https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/graph_analytics_massively_parallel_processing_databases/

So I have created a bunch of 1.11 JIRAs on graph that I am interested in
pursuing.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MADLIB%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20v1.11%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

If you have other things that you are interested in for 1.11, please by all
means open a JIRA or let the community know or start working on the
software.

I would also suggest we look at a shorter release cycle for 1.11, in the
next couple months or so.

A always, open to suggests and comments.

Regards,
Frank