Posted to users@maven.apache.org by RomainTaz <ro...@sgcib.com> on 2007/10/01 10:10:23 UTC

[Site] Deployment on a network drive

Hi all,

I have a project with several modules:
myProject
myProject/commons
myProject/business

I want to deploy my site on a network drive, for example "\\xxxx\y", in a
directory "site\my-site".
If this network drive (e.g. F:\site\my-site), then I have no problem to
deploy it using the following code in pom.xml (the parent one):

<distributionManagement>
    <site>
        <id>website</id>
        <url>file://F:/site/my-site</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

Now, imagine that my network drive is not mapped.
I update my distributionManagement definition, as explained in the page
http://www.sonatype.com/book/repository.html:

<distributionManagement>
    <site>
        <id>website</id>
        <url>file://\\site\my-site\site\my-site</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

When I try to deploy my site, I get no error (the logs seem correct), but my
site is not deployed correctly :

The site of the parent is indeed deployed in the correct place (i.e.
\\site\my-site\site\my-site\myProject), but all modules of this parent
project are deployed in my C:\ directory.

It seems to be a bug.

I found a way to make the deployment works: For each modules, I redefine the
distributionManagement. For example, for the module "Commons", its pom.xml
contains:

<distributionManagement>
    <site>
        <id>website</id>
        <url>file://\\site\my-site\site\my-site\commons</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

As my project contains 13 modules, I need to define 14 times the
distributionManagement !!

Can you confirm that it is a bug, or did I do something wrong?

ps: I use the version 2.0-beta5 of Maven Site plugin.