Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/15 23:37:42 UTC

Versioning Mobile-Spec

Hey

I was recently testing out something with Cordova-Android 3.7.x and
mobile-spec, and I noticed that this was pretty much impossible since we
don't know what the matching versions are between mobile-spec and this
version of Cordova.  This is going to be a major problem to people who are
looking to work on backported versions of Cordova, and it'd probably be a
good idea to figure this out.

Should we keep supporting the 3.7.x branch of Cordova at all, or should we
tell everyone to upgrade to 4.0.x? There's a lot of breaking changes from a
plugin-author's point of view that will keep people on the older version.

Thoughts?

Joe

Re: Versioning Mobile-Spec

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Plugins are versioned, and their tests live with them.
As far as platform tests those should live with the platform ... and thus
be versioned there as well.
We do document what platforms/plugin version we tested against somewhere,
can't remember where.

I'm happy to move on from supporting 3.7.x cordova-android.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com