Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by lotos <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/26 01:48:54 UTC

Http proxy with STS

I just faced with the problem that if I use http proxy and STS at the same
time it doesn't work.
Conversation regarding security token doesn't go through the proxy. Only
main request goes through the proxy. As a result it's not possible to get
that token at all.

*Is it possible to force CXF to use proxy for all network communications?*

*Java code for proxy*

       / Client client = ClientProxy.getClient(port);
        HTTPConduit http = (HTTPConduit) client.getConduit();

        HTTPClientPolicy httpClientPolicy = new HTTPClientPolicy();
        httpClientPolicy.setProxyServer("localhost");
        httpClientPolicy.setProxyServerPort(3128);
        http.setClient(httpClientPolicy);/

*Policy part of the WSDL:*
/<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="WSHttpBinding_IAccountService_policy">
        <wsp:ExactlyOne>
            <wsp:All>
                <sp:TransportBinding
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                    <wsp:Policy>
                        <sp:TransportToken>
                            <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:HttpsToken
RequireClientCertificate="false"/>
                            </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:TransportToken>
                        <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                            <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:Basic256/>
                            </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                        <sp:Layout>
                            <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:Strict/>
                            </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:Layout>
                        <sp:IncludeTimestamp/>
                    </wsp:Policy>
                </sp:TransportBinding>
                <sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                    <wsp:Policy>
                        <sp:SecureConversationToken

sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient">
                            <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:BootstrapPolicy>
                                    <wsp:Policy>
                                        <sp:SignedParts>
                                            <sp:Body/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="To"
Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="From"
Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="FaultTo"
Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="ReplyTo"
Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="MessageID"

Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="RelatesTo"

Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                            <sp:Header Name="Action"
Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                        </sp:SignedParts>
                                        <sp:EncryptedParts>
                                            <sp:Body/>
                                        </sp:EncryptedParts>
                                        <sp:TransportBinding>
                                            <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:TransportToken>
                                                    <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:HttpsToken
RequireClientCertificate="false"/>
                                                    </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:TransportToken>
                                                <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                                    <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:Basic256/>
                                                    </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                                <sp:Layout>
                                                    <wsp:Policy>
                                                        <sp:Strict/>
                                                    </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:Layout>
                                                <sp:IncludeTimestamp/>
                                            </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:TransportBinding>
                                        <sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens>
                                            <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:X509Token

sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient">
                                                    <wsp:Policy>

<sp:RequireThumbprintReference/>

<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                    </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:X509Token>
                                                <sp:SignedParts>
                                                    <sp:Header Name="To"

Namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"/>
                                                </sp:SignedParts>
                                            </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens>
                                        <sp:Wss11>
                                            <wsp:Policy>

<sp:MustSupportRefThumbprint/>
                                            </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:Wss11>
                                        <sp:Trust10>
                                            <wsp:Policy>

<sp:MustSupportIssuedTokens/>
                                                <sp:RequireClientEntropy/>
                                                <sp:RequireServerEntropy/>
                                            </wsp:Policy>
                                        </sp:Trust10>
                                    </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:BootstrapPolicy>
                            </wsp:Policy>
                        </sp:SecureConversationToken>
                    </wsp:Policy>
                </sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens>
                <sp:Wss11
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                    <wsp:Policy/>
                </sp:Wss11>
                <sp:Trust10
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
                    <wsp:Policy>
                        <sp:MustSupportIssuedTokens/>
                        <sp:RequireClientEntropy/>
                        <sp:RequireServerEntropy/>
                    </wsp:Policy>
                </sp:Trust10>
                <wsaw:UsingAddressing/>
            </wsp:All>
        </wsp:ExactlyOne>
    </wsp:Policy>/

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
Hi,

Just noticed this thread.  I have managed to be able to configure the
conduit using properties, but its not exactly standard.  And it won't work
with OSGI. Its documented here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4811?focusedCommentId=13578150&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13578150

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure...I tried a few different options for the STS QName, but
nothing worked.

Colm.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM, lotos <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, you are right.
>
> <http-conf:conduit name="https://localhost:.*"> works. I didn't notice
> asterisk before.
>
> But how to do it in via xml config. I need it because proxy will be
> configured by system variables.
>
> Sergei

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Http proxy with STS

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Could you try with a http conduit based on the address instead, e.g.?

<http-conf:conduit name="https://localhost:.*">
        <http-conf:client ProxyServer="localhost" ProxyServerPort="3128" />
</http-conf:conduit>

I've tried with this with CXF 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT + the SecureConveration code
does pick up the proxy settings...

Colm.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Http proxy with STS

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Could you share how you are configuring the client using spring? I tested
using CXF 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and a http Conduit with a ReceiveTimeout value
set, and it appears to be picking it up.

Colm.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM, lotos <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it's the same problem. Conduit from the configuration isn't
> used by STS. Looks like a bug.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Yep. Could you create a JIRA and I'll take a look?

Colm.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM, lotos <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it's the same problem. Conduit from the configuration isn't
> used by STS. Looks like a bug.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by lotos <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Http proxy with STS

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The simplest way of doing this is to just define http:conduit in Spring as
per the following, which should get picked up by all clients:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob;f=services/sts/systests/basic/src/test/resources/org/apache/cxf/systest/sts/transport/cxf-client.xml;h=41291d063acd23090424add371f816e8bba38bd7;hb=HEAD

I'm not sure offhand how this can be done in code.

Colm.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com