Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by daffy duck <me...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/04 07:41:51 UTC

How to grant write permission on tomcat 5?

Hi all,

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.19

I know read permission is implicitly granted (recursively) to all files and subdirectories of the current directory.

but, how do I grant write permission (recursively) to all files and subdirectories of the current directory ?

I tried adding either one of these in the catalina.policy

grant {
           permission     java.io.FilePermission        "-", "write";
};

or

grant {
           permission     java.io.FilePermission        "*", "write";
};

Both didn't work
Does anyone know how?

Thanks