Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2007/06/15 02:43:37 UTC

Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Hello all,

I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and it is available here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06

It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any feedback on my wording and tone would be great.

I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time before the board meeting next Wednesday.

-David

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
+1

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK, http://www.tinc-vpn.org/

For those interested by the photo : http://tinyurl.com/2ah9zq
(search for tinc)

Jacques

De : "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ean,

De : "Ean Schuessler" <ea...@brainfood.com>
[...]

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
+1

Scott

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
On Thursday 14 June 2007 07:43:37 pm David E Jones wrote:
> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and
> it is available here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That
> means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>
> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> before the board meeting next Wednesday.

I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he places a
lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is much more
to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch (and
surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for hashing
those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.

ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
pps. http://tinc.debian.net

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Jacopo

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <ti...@sastau.it>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

De : "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/PMC+members+and+Committers

should be updated regarding Si decision.

Please Si, is it possible for you to explain your decision ?

Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by "Alex D. Fleming" <al...@gmail.com>.
+ 1