Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/31 13:08:07 UTC

Request to join mailing list

Please add me to this mailing list. I am a tech writer who has used NiFi in
the past, and I would like to contribute to the Apache NiFi incubator
project. I have submitted an ICLA, but I realize that it takes time to
receive confirmation that it has been received.

Best regards,
Jennifer Barnabee

Re: Request to join mailing list

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
<resending as it didn't make it into the dev archive>

Jenn,

Now that the ICLA has indeed come through you are really all set.  If you
look here you can see current tickets outstanding for documentation work.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-162 (though jira appears down at
the moment).

Probably the easiest way to get started is through the Github mirror of
apache nifi found here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/tree/develop

We're doing most work now from the develop branch so that is the one you'll
want to pull from.  Some info on how to do so is found here:
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/development/quickstart.html

The current home of the documentation is '/nifi-docs' and the format
they're written in is something called 'asciidoc'.  You can read more about
it here: http://asciidoc.org/userguide.html

When you make edits you can build that maven module and take a look at the
resulting HTML it produces.

Once you have changes you'd like to propose you can attach a patch to an
active/appropriate JIRA ticket and/or submit a pull request from Github.
The only two documents we've really done a decent job on making a headstart
for just yet is a user guide and a general overview.  The current drafts of
which can be found here:

http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/overview.html
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/user-guide.html

Thanks