Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2009/11/01 08:34:24 UTC

m3: compiler error output

When my build failure happened, this was the output:

[ERROR] [0]
org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation failure
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:516)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:114)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:105)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:547)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:317)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:233)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:102)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [0] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Two things of note:
1) It wasn't easy to determine, but I eventually realized [0] is some
sort of error index. Could you start it at 1? And perhaps say
something like [Error 1]?
2) What happened to the javac output? I cannot see what failed compiling.

Paul

Re: m3: compiler error output

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
Put it in JIRA, we'll fix it.

On 2009-11-02, at 1:45 PM, Paul Benedict wrote:

> Any committers can comment on the below?
>
> Also referring to MojoFailureException doesn't seem very useful
> because it's a generic exception. How can referring to that help
> anyone? especially during a compiler error.
>
> Paul
>
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> When my build failure happened, this was the output:
>>
>> [ERROR] [0]
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation
>> failure
>>        at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute
>> (AbstractCompilerMojo.java:516)
>>        at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute
>> (CompilerMojo.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo
>> (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:105)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
>> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:547)
>>        at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
>> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:317)
>>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
>> 233)
>>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
>> 102)
>>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:421)
>>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:156)
>>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:121)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>        at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced
>> (Launcher.java:290)
>>        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch
>> (Launcher.java:230)
>>        at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
>> (Launcher.java:409)
>>        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main
>> (Launcher.java:352)
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug
>> logging.
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>> please read the following articles:
>> [ERROR] [0] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
>>
>> Two things of note:
>> 1) It wasn't easy to determine, but I eventually realized [0] is some
>> sort of error index. Could you start it at 1? And perhaps say
>> something like [Error 1]?
>> 2) What happened to the javac output? I cannot see what failed
>> compiling.
>>
>> Paul

Jason

Re: m3: compiler error output