Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jpe30 <jp...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 20:38:36 UTC

Datanode Setup

I'm setting up a Hadoop cluster and I have the name node and job tracker up
and running.  However, I cannot get any of my datanodes or tasktrackers to
start.  Here is my hadoop-site.xml file...

<code><?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/home/hadoop/h_temp</value>
  <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>/home/hadoop/data</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>192.168.1.10:54310</value>
  <description>The name of the default file system.  A URI whose
  scheme and authority determine the FileSystem implementation.  The
  uri's scheme determines the config property (fs.SCHEME.impl) naming
  the FileSystem implementation class.  The uri's authority is used to
  determine the host, port, etc. for a filesystem.</description>
  <final>true</final>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>192.168.1.10:54311</value>
  <description>The host and port that the MapReduce job tracker runs
  at.  If "local", then jobs are run in-process as a single map
  and reduce task.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>0</value>
  <description>Default block replication.
  The actual number of replications can be specified when the file is
created.
  The default is used if replication is not specified in create time.
  </description>
</property>

</configuration>

</code>

and here is the error I'm getting...

<code>2009-04-15 14:00:48,208 INFO org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode:
STARTUP_MSG:
/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting DataNode
STARTUP_MSG:   host = java.net.UnknownHostException: myhost: myhost
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.18.3
STARTUP_MSG:   build =
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/branches/branch-0.18 -r 736250;
compiled by 'ndaley' on Thu Jan 22 23:12:0$
2009-04-15 14:00:48,355 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode:
java.net.UnknownHostException: myhost: myhost
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1353)
        at org.apache.hadoop.net.DNS.getDefaultHost(DNS.java:185)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:249)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:223)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:3071)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:3026)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:3034)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:3156)

2009-04-15 14:00:48,356 INFO org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
/************************************************************
SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down DataNode at java.net.UnknownHostException:
myhost: myhost

Re: Datanode Setup

Posted by jpe30 <jp...@gmail.com>.
bump*

Any suggestions?

Re: Datanode Setup

Posted by jpe30 <jp...@gmail.com>.
Right now I'm just trying to get one node running.  Once its running I'll
copy it over.

Re: Datanode Setup

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Datanode Setup