Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/09 12:23:02 UTC

hashmap

hi all

   how to retrieve values from the  HashMap
   i have set  it as

*                        hashMap*.put(*new* Integer(questionId),*new*Integer(
testDAO.getMarks(catid, typeid, patternid)));

how to  getthese values again

thanks

jalaludeen

Re: hashmap

Posted by Lance <la...@marketpipe.com>.
Hi, I'm making the assumption that you are using struts1 and you want to
access the map in a struts tag.
I couldn't find a way of accessing properties mapped by anything else
but a string

Therefore, try
hashMap.put(String.valueOf(questionId), new
Integer(testDAO.getMarks(catid, typeid, patternid)));

In your jsp you can get it by

@see http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-taglib/indexedprops.html

Cheers,
Lance.