Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Roy <aq...@163.com> on 2016/09/07 14:27:49 UTC

Bulid Cube take a long long time

Hi guys,

kylin v1.5 + support query fact table  detail data. but cube bulid time incrment.

previous version i bulid one cube(500 million rows,15 dimensions) about 1 hours. but now we used kylin v 1.52 ,bulid the same cube need 4hours+.(step Name: bulid cube take a long long time)

if i don't use query detail. how can i  optimization  cube .and any suggest to promote cube bulid time
.

Best Regards

Roy

Re: Bulid Cube take a long long time

Posted by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Execute me. The raw data query(or your fact table detail) is not enabled
for every table by default. You have to define your raw measure in cube to
enable this feature.  If you haven't defined it, no extra cost for the
build.

When you mentioned the comparison, could you list what changed and what not
changed? For example, your previous Kylin version, cluster environment,
data model and current ones.

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)