Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jay Kraly <ja...@perspectivesoftware.com> on 2003/03/10 18:18:28 UTC

read mail from james account via cell-phone?

This isn't really a james specific question, but I'm hoping somebody has
tried this using james and may know a trick or two.  I'm looking for a
way to read mail from a james account via a cell-phone, are there any
webmail type packages that can pop from james and have a WAP interface?
 A more integrated solution would be better, like maybe a servlet that
could use the james API to serve mail.  Any ideas?

Thanks

-J

Re: read mail from james account via cell-phone?

Posted by Aaron Knauf <ak...@xtra.co.nz>.
Hi Jay,

I work for a telco, writing the kind of software that you are talking
about.  Unfortunately, I do not know of any packages that do what you
are after.  As far as I am aware, telco's tend to have this stuff
written for them.  (We certainly do.)

On the bright side, it ought to be relatively simple to modify an
existing web-mail package to produce WML output, rather than HTML.  That
will allow you to browse your mail via your telco's HTTP/WAP gateway.

Cheers

ADK

Posted by Jay Kraly <ja...@perspectivesoftware.com>.

James and SMPP (was Re: read mail from james account via cell-phone?)

Posted by Aaron Knauf <ak...@xtra.co.nz>.
Hi Noel,

I would be interested to know what your interest is in SMPP (and how you
see it fitting in to JAMES).  I am the principal developer for the SMS
server for the telco that I work for, so I have an interest there.
 Unfortunately, I am extrremely busy right now, and probably for another
2-3 weeks (hence no progress on the JAMES JNDI front,) so I am unlikely
to be of any use right away. :-(

Cheers

ADK

Posted by Siraj Shakil <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Done. Can forward me those URL's? U can send them at
james-dev :>.

Posted by Siraj Shakil <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Noel,