Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2002/03/07 17:59:56 UTC

startup order

Hi.

although it seems to be only me who is bitten by a wrong startup order
I have investigated the problem a bit further. The actual order in
which components are initialized seems to be more or less random, based
on the hash values computed in
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.collections.BucketMap

Thus it has been pure luck, that the HSQLDB server or the
ClassLoaderManager were initialized or started before they were
used. Right?

So, while I'm the only one having a problem with this or rather being
aware of having this problem, this seems to be a time bomb.

Could someone *please* comment on this?

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l