Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/13 23:36:59 UTC

m2.0.4 Is mvn tested on Linux

Hi,

Is mvn test on any Linux platform. I am asking this question, because when I
tried mvn 2.0.4 on a linux platform, I am getting
these errors. I have seen similar problem with different pom files in plexus
when I tried mvn 2.0.3
and Carlos Sanchez fixed these problems.

How to reproduce the problem..

Downloaded mvn 2.0.4 version (install it) and cleanup my repository
directory and try to compile any projects.

I think there is problem with pom files of plexus-container-default:jar:
1.0-alpha-9 . They
should be having invalid characters..in thos white spaces..

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-containers/1.0.3/plexus-containers-1.0.3.pom

492b downloaded
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: null:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-containers for
project: null:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 26 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 13 16:18:49 CDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/19M
[INFO]

-Gautham Pamu

--
-Gautham Pamu

Re: m2.0.4 Is mvn tested on Linux

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I agree entirely. Sounds like a good issue for someone new to Maven
development to get their feet wet with the codebase. ;-)

Go file a JIRA Enhancement in the proper component...

Wayne

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
Jerome,

Posted by jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Check out the HTTP Error 503 way down towards the bottom of the trace.
This is the root cause of your troubles.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for

HTTP 503 means "Service Unavailable". This is simply happening because
ibiblio (Central repo) is a *very* busy site.

This is not related to a bad character in a pom file.

Wayne

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.