Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/17 19:32:11 UTC

Re: UPDATE MEETING December Developer Community Meeting

We will be using this meeting

Topic: Community zoom meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://hortonworks.zoom.us/j/658498271

Or join by phone:

+1 669 900 6833 <//+1 669 900 6833> (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 <//+1 646
558 8656> (US Toll)
+1 877 853 5247 <//+1 877 853 5247> (US Toll Free)
+1 877 369 0926 <//+1 877 369 0926> (US Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 658 498 271
International numbers available:
https://hortonworks.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=y7M0gPfv8kRv3WvXHjXrpc3n3DyNqTMe

On December 17, 2017 at 13:05:50, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com)
wrote:

The December Community Meeting will be held Monday, December 18th.
These are the topics that are up for discussion

   - Call for reviewers, ideas how to get more involvement, what people can
   do to help (Otto)
   - Feature branches : we have two now, what are they and how are we going
   to work on them (Otto)
   - Release process WRT formalized upgrade and installation instructions
   to be
   included as a part of a release (JZeolla)
   - Any concerns/questions
   with the secondary repo for bro. (JZeolla)
   - ES 5.6 upgrade (michael.miklavcic@gmail.com)
   - Release Status(michael.miklavcic@gmail.com)
   - Short Term Roadmap(michael.miklavcic@gmail.com)

We may only have 40 minutes, so we’ll try to keep things concise, and
follow up with Discuss threads.

*NOTE: IF THE ROOM CHANGES I WILL SEND AN UPDATE*

Topic: Metron Developer Community Meeting
Time: Dec 18, 2017 12:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/4534152036

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16468769923,,4534152036#  or +16699006833,,4534152036#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 646 876 9923  or +1 669 900 6833
    Meeting ID: 453 415 2036
    International numbers available:
https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=iwzFkc-YD_msf1cfRJL21VDYsExP41jo

Developer Community Meeting Disclaimers

   - Developer Community meetings are a means for realtime discussion of
   development issues
   - These meetings are not specifically aimed at demonstrations, unless
   one is required or requested as part of such discussion
   - These meetings are geared towards Metron development issues, not user
   issues with deployment or shipped functionality
   - There are NO decisions made in these meetings. The mailing list is the
   official communication record of the Apache Metron Project, and as such all
   public decisions are to be made on the list, as to give the greatest
   opportunity for community involvement.
   - There ARE proposals that can be made and discussed in these meetings,
   that will then be discussed on list for decision.
   - Notes will be taken of these meetings, and they will be posted to the
   list
   - There may also be breakout posts to the list per proposal or topic,
   for more detailed discussion

Re: UPDATE MEETING December Developer Community Meeting

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
13 minute warning

On December 17, 2017 at 15:56:21, Nadir Hajiyani (nadir.hajiyani@gmail.com)
wrote:

Aah, just noticed it in the middle of the email - 12.30 pm EST - hit send
too early.

Thanks.

Nadir Hajiyani

Re: UPDATE MEETING December Developer Community Meeting

Posted by Nadir Hajiyani <na...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
>>    - These meetings are not specifically aimed at demonstrations, unless
>>    one is required or requested as part of such discussion
>>    - These meetings are geared towards Metron development issues, not user
>>    issues with deployment or shipped functionality
>>    - There are NO decisions made in these meetings. The mailing list is
>> the
>>    official communication record of the Apache Metron Project, and as
>> such all
>>    public decisions are to be made on the list, as to give the greatest
>>    opportunity for community involvement.
>>    - There ARE proposals that can be made and discussed in these meetings,
>>    that will then be discussed on list for decision.
>>    - Notes will be taken of these meetings, and they will be posted to the
>>    list
>>    - There may also be breakout posts to the list per proposal or topic,

Nadir Hajiyani

Re: UPDATE MEETING December Developer Community Meeting

Posted by Nadir Hajiyani <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,