Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2008/10/07 04:04:45 UTC

Re: Using OJB with iAnywhere driver to connect to Sybase

Hi Jenish,

Jenish wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have a project which uses OJB to talk with DB. It was working fine with
> jconnect driver. Now we have changed our design and now we are trying
> iAnywhere driver instead of jConnect2.
>
> Now we are facing the problem that after some time of deployment we are
> getting exception at the backend something like "Borrow broker from pool
> failed"
>
> Can anybody please suggest me if we need to tune some parameter of OJB to
> make it run with iAnywhere?

This error indicate that the broker pool exhaust (too many concurrent
clients access OJB, you can increase the broker pool via OJB.properties
file) or that your "new design" cause a PersistenceBroker leak
(somewhere in your code a broker.close() statement is missed).

Please search the OJB-user list for more details:
http://marc.info/?l=ojb-user&w=2&r=1&s=broker+leak&q=b

regards,
Armin