Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2010/09/03 17:04:41 UTC

Manifest

I'm trying to add files to a jar, like it says here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html

FOP will also auto-detect fonts which are available in the classpath, if
they are described as "application/x-font" in the MANIFEST.MF file.

Do I just have to pull my manifest.mf file into my project and copy that
text in for each file to include, or is there a better way to modify the
manifest?
I'd like a gui editor where I can just select files to add and select
file type and let it write this for me to make sure it's right.
I'm using Eclipse to maintain the java programs.

Re: Manifest

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't use that feature, so don't count on me to provide something. But
it would be a great and painless way for someone from the user community
to contribute something back to FOP.

On 07.09.2010 04:58:31 Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 12:02 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > How you create that JAR file with the fonts is up to you. Manually
> > creating the Manifest and assembling it to a JAR using Ant is probably
> > easiest. Of course, you could write a GUI for that. It's probably easier
> > to write a small command-line application in Java that takes a directory
> > as argument and creates the Manifest and the JAR.
>
> If you do that, posting it here would be doing everyone a favour. I've
> used a dirty shell script hack to do it, but something nicer that can be
> distributed without shame would be nice to have - possibly even bundled
> with fop as a utility.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

Jeremias Maerki