Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jalal <th...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/03/13 13:51:30 UTC

Modifying repos structure

OK, so I installed subversion, tested it out,  imported a bunch of projects to
test them, very nice....

But, I didn't think too much about how to structure the repository and now I
want to make some changes, a little advice would be appreciated.

I started with (simplified):

repos/proj1
------/proj2
------/proj3

and I want to change to:
repos/proj1/trunk/
-------------/tags/
-------------/branch/
etc...

At present repos/proj1/ contains a lot of files and directory structure for
that project and I want to move the whole set of files and stuff into
repos/proj1/trunk/.

Whats the easiest way of doing that?
It seems I want to do 'svn move svn://myserver/repos/proj1/*
svn://myserver/repos/proj1/trunk/' but 'svn move' seems to only move one file
at a time.
I guess I could checkout the project, change the directory structure and then
commit everything but that seems longwinded.

So, whats the simplest way???

TIA
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E

Re: Modifying repos structure

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
jalal wrote:

> It seems I want to do 'svn move svn://myserver/repos/proj1/*
> svn://myserver/repos/proj1/trunk/' but 'svn move' seems to only move one file
> at a time.

Yes, we have an open issue about making 'svn cp/mv' take more than 2
arguments.

> I guess I could checkout the project, change the directory structure and then
> commit everything but that seems longwinded.

That would definitely work, but is longwinded.

> So, whats the simplest way???

Hm, I'd try doing a bunch of server-side copies/moves.  Something like

   svn mv proj1 was_proj1
   svn mkdir proj1
   svn mv was_proj1 proj1/trunk
   svn mkdir proj1/branches