Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jaspreet S Jodhka <ja...@hotpop.com> on 2003/08/16 04:32:52 UTC

[Localization]English language hardcoded string

I have only just begun reading the source code.

I noticed that in
incubator-geronimo\modules\common\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\common\String
s.java
a throw statement passes an English language string as an argument to the
exception.

Is this such a file in which the strings do not need to be localized (for
any reason, such as being loaded before resource bundles) or is the
localization task scheduled for later?

Thanks
Jaspreet

Re: [Localization]English language hardcoded string

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 03:32  am, Jaspreet S Jodhka wrote:

> I have only just begun reading the source code.
>
> I noticed that in
> incubator-
> geronimo\modules\common\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\common\String
> s.java
> a throw statement passes an English language string as an argument to
> the
> exception.
>
> Is this such a file in which the strings do not need to be localized
> (for
> any reason, such as being loaded before resource bundles) or is the
> localization task scheduled for later?

We should try not pass english language into exceptions and instead
allow the exception to use i18n. Any patches in this direction would be
most welcome :)

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/