Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vinay i <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 07:58:19 UTC

subversion man page available?

Hello All,
Is there a subversion man page available?
What is the equivalent to the global CVS option "-n" in subversion?
    Do not change any files. Attempt to execute the `cvs_command', but only
to issue reports; do not remove, update, or merge any existing files, or
create any new files.

Say I don't want to update the files. Just want to know which files are out
of date.Is there any other way to do it other than "svn status
--show-updates". And what about for other commands. If I just want to see
output and not change files?

Thanks
Vinay

Re: subversion man page available?

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
That's exactly correct.

-Hyrum

Posted by Mark Eichin <ei...@gmail.com>.
Would it be maintained if it were? I always assumed the svn placeholder
manpage was a way to avoid the need to update two things in the source (and
that the svnbook filled that niche anyhow...)

On Dec 4, 2008 4:36 AM, "JeremyP" <je...@jeremyp.net> wrote:

On 4 Dec 2008, at 08:33, vinay i wrote: > Thanks Ryan. > > Is there a
subversion man page available...

> It would have been helpful if we had a detailed man page. >
> -Vinay

Is that an offer to write it? :-)

Re: subversion man page available?

Posted by JeremyP <je...@jeremyp.net>.
On 4 Dec 2008, at 08:33, vinay i wrote:

> Thanks Ryan.
>
> Is there a subversion man page available?
>
> It would have been helpful if we had a detailed man page.
>
> -Vinay

Is that an offer to write it? :-)

Re: subversion man page available?

Posted by vinay i <vi...@gmail.com>.