Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Aaron Newsome <aa...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/01 21:46:02 UTC

Recording mouse in RDP screen recordings

Hello guacamole users. I'm using the version 0.9.12 and 0.9.13. I'm very
impressed with Guacamole so far. It's an excellent piece of software that
really simplifies remote access for me.

I'm trying out the screen recording feature and the recordings look great
(given a high enough bitrate for guacenc). My question is regarding the
rendering of the mouse in RDP sessions.

When I create a screen recording, the movie file does not show a cursor.
For the type of screen recordings I'll be doing, I'll need the mouse to be
rendered for the movie file to be useful.

I've done a bunch of searching around to see if there's a way for RDP to
render the cursor in the remote machine but I'm having no luck finding that
option.

Does anyone know how to make a guacamole screen recording with the mouse
cursor recorded as well?

Thanks, Aaron