Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Urberg <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/09 21:44:21 UTC

Linking an outside folder for JSP's in Windows

Hello Everyone

I want to have a folder outside of the webapps/myproject that contains JSP's
and I want to link that folder the webapps/myproject folder in Window's.
Here's what I've tried:  Inside webapps/myproject I created a Window's shortcut
to the folder C:\test and named the shortcut test.  Then I created a simple
file called C:\test\hello.jsp.  I started up tomcat and tried this url:

http://localhost/myproject/test/hello.jsp

The error came back saying that the file didn't exist.  So I tried this url:

http://localhost/myproject/test/

to get a directory listing.  That didn't work either.  All the other jsp's in
http://localhost/myproject/ work though.  Does anyone know how to acomplish
this?

Thanks a lot,
Tim

Re: Linking an outside folder for JSP's in Windows

Posted by Tim Urberg <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the very good idea.  What can I do if I want both folders to run in
the same context?  Can I set up some kind of mapping in server.xml to
accomplish this?

Thanks,
Tim

Posted by Vladimer Shioshvili <vs...@qrc.com>.