Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "James H. H. Lampert" <ja...@touchtonecorp.com> on 2017/02/08 00:57:53 UTC

Tomcat 7.0.xx under Java 7?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Tomcat List:

To date, the overwhelming bulk of our own Tomcat experience has been
under Java 6 JVMs. And we have a customer who will likely be losing that
JVM soon.

Are there any "gotchas" running 7.0.47 or later under Java 7?

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation

Re: Tomcat 7.0.xx under Java 7?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/02/17 00:57, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen of the Tomcat List:
>
> To date, the overwhelming bulk of our own Tomcat experience has been
> under Java 6 JVMs. And we have a customer who will likely be losing that
> JVM soon.
>
> Are there any "gotchas" running 7.0.47 or later under Java 7?

No specific issues I am aware of.

General things to look out for:

- GC settings 'optimized' for an older JVM that don't make sense for the
newer JVM. Best to remove them all and start from a clean slate.

- Web applications including libraries that are now part of the newer
JVM and causing conflicts.

Mark