Posted to dev@iota.apache.org by Rajkumar Natarajan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/19 22:52:26 UTC

Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Hi Team,

I would like to contribute Apache iota project. Could you please help me in
getting access to JIRA and slack.

Regards,
Rajkumar

Re: Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Posted by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com>.
Thanks - yes agreed. If there is a need outside the distribution list we can discuss this on the list and bring one back. Right now I think we should focus on using the DL for all discussion and expand to Slack if a case can be made for it.
We are on the same page.
Thanks
-Tony

Re: Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Posted by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com>.
HI Justin, thanks for pointing out that there is a Slack channel. It looks like it’s something that was setup initially by Litbit but not for discussion of issues simply a log of the dev@iota messages. We all understand that discussion regarding iota should take place on the dev@iota or user@iota distribution lists. I will remove the Slack channel reference.

-Tony

Re: Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>  The link you mentioned https://iota.incubator.apache.org/contribute.html <https://iota.incubator.apache.org/contribute.html> says below slack channel is available for developer discussions.

It looks like that slack channel is for litbit employees only. Can someone on the PPMC please remove that link from the contribute page.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Reg: Access to JIRA, slack

Posted by Rajkumar Natarajan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

 The link you mentioned https://iota.incubator.apache.org/contribute.html says
below slack channel is available for developer discussions.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]
Regards,
Rajkumar