Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 16:16:04 UTC

Support for Numeric DocValues Updates in Solr?

Hi,

"Numeric DocValues Updates" functionality that came via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5189 sounds very
valuable, while we wait for full/arbitrary field updates
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4258).

Would it make sense to add support for Numeric DocValues Updates to Solr?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Support for Numeric DocValues Updates in Solr?

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
I tried looking at Solr code but it seems it require more deeper
understanding of Solr code to add this support, may be other solr expert
can provide some pointers.

Did any one else tried Updating Numeric DocValues in Solr but not committed
the patch yet?

It would be really nice if this feature added, since our usecase required
to update few numeric fields at much higher rate than normal document
update.

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
+1 to add this support in Solr