Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ankit tyagi <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 02:11:37 UTC

Exception while loading metadata of hive table.

Hi All,
I am getting following exception  while loading metadata of hive table

*java.io.IOException:
MetaException(message:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException Class
org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe not found)*
*        at
org.apache.kylin.metadata.tool.HiveSourceTableLoader.extractHiveTables(HiveSourceTableLoader.java:92)*
*        at
org.apache.kylin.metadata.tool.HiveSourceTableLoader.reloadHiveTables(HiveSourceTableLoader.java:70)*
        at
org.apache.kylin.rest.service.CubeService.reloadHiveTable(CubeService.java:537)
        at
org.apache.kylin.rest.service.CubeService$$FastClassByCGLIB$$17a07c0e.invoke(<generated>)
        at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:689)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at
org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:64)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:622)

while i have added the required jar in tomcat
tomcat/webapps/kylin/WEB-INF/lib folder. it shows in class path of running
java program too and jar contain the above mentioned class in exception.

*jar -xvf /usr/lib/hive/lib/json-serde-1.3-jar-with-dependencies.jar | grep
'org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe'*
* inflated: org/openx/data/jsonserde/JsonSerDe$1.class*
 inflated: org/openx/data/jsonserde/JsonSerDe.class

Any Idea??

Re: Exception while loading metadata of hive table.

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Kylin doesn¹t depend on this lib; Seems hive didn¹t find the class and
then throw the exception (embedded in MetaException); You may need check
your Hive configuration; Google this error there are several discussions
on this;