Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/12/14 00:07:24 UTC

[status]

Hello,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about where I am and where

I intend to go in the next couple of weeks.  First I'm going to pause here

on the front end waiting for Wes and others to work something out with

the new non-blocking BER encoder/decoder functionality.

Instead I will be focusing on moving the code associated with the backend

which is currently in the sandbox1 area into its final destination.
Meanwhile

I will be focusing on the following:

1). Embedding Merlin into the JNDI provider.

2). Making the components into POJOs using Merlin adapters.

3). Improving the code and cleaning up a bit.

4). Writing documentation.

Hopefully after having moved this code under the eve top level folder in

the repo Wes will be ready and we can continue on the frontend snapping the

frontend and backend together.

Alex