Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/21 15:55:24 UTC

Castor (De)Serializers not recognized !

Hi All,

I was trying to use Castor as AXIS 1.2 RC2 (De)Serializers and was
following the tutorials
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-castor/#getcastor.
However when I register my service using below lines in
server-config.wsdd, the service is not deployed properly and I  see no
errors in my log files.

server-config.wsdd
<service name="StockQuoteSOAPPort" provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped"
use="literal">
<parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote/wsdl"/>
<parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="StockQuoteService"/>
<parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="StockQuoteSOAPPort"/>
<parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="StockQuotePortType"/>
<parameter name="className"
value="com.ibm.w3.services.stockquote.StockQuoteSOAPBindingImpl"/>

<operation name="getStockQuote" qname="operNS:getStockQuote"
xmlns:operNS="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
returnQName="retNS:quote"
xmlns:retNS="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
returnType="rtns:quote"
xmlns:rtns="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
soapAction="getStockQuote">

<parameter qname="symbol" type="tns:string"
xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/>
</operation>

<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getStockQuote"/>

<typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
qname="ns:quote"
type="java:com.ibm.w3.services.stockquote.Quote"
serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorSerializerFactory"
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorDeserializerFactory"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
qname="ns:lastTradeType"
type="java:com.ibm.w3.services.stockquote.LastTradeType"
serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorSerializerFactory"
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorDeserializerFactory"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="http://w3.ibm.com/schemas/services/2002/11/15/stockquote"
qname="ns:changeType"
type="java:com.ibm.w3.services.stockquote.ChangeType"
serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorSerializerFactory"
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.CastorDeserializerFactory"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</service>

I found that the actual lines that are giving problem is below :

[...]

and when I comment above lines, my service is deployed properly and I
can view my service when I type
http://localhost:8090/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
 in my browser. Why is this happenning. I have the castor classes in
{AXIS-WEBAPP}\WEB-INF\classes directory compiled
 from the source
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/encoding/ser/castor/

 Please suggest friends ...

 Thanks & Regards,
 Kumar.

Re: Castor (De)Serializers not recognized !

Posted by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com>.
Harm-

Sorry for misunderstanding if any, why would I modify the stubs when I
am trying to register my service rather than writing a client to
access my service ? I am not yet done with deploying my service  ...
Or am I doing anything wrong ?

Posted by Harm de Laat <ha...@gmail.com>.