Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2020/04/17 19:49:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA uimaFIT 2.5.0 RC1 - .settings files in the tag?

Hi, I'm working on this...

I noticed that the git checkout of the uimafit-2.5.0 tag has
Eclipse .settings files for the Java projects.

I  think these are normally not checked into git?

Is this intentional?

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA uimaFIT 2.5.0 RC1 - .settings files in the tag?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> On 17. Apr 2020, at 21:49, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that the git checkout of the uimafit-2.5.0 tag has
> Eclipse .settings files for the Java projects.
>
> I  think these are normally not checked into git?
>
> Is this intentional?

It is intentional, yes. It is not great, but what they mostly do is configure the code style/formatting because for uimaFIT I use a different code style (UIMA style) than for all other projects in my workspace.

-- Richard