Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/04/23 10:34:30 UTC

Releasing The SDK-Converter (Mavenizer)?

Hi,

I am currently completeley refactoring the Mavenizer to consist of independent modules for converting AIR, Flash and Flex separately. I need this in order to use those modules in the new Flexmojos verify-mojo that should take care of downloading and mavenizing air and flash artifacts. This is needed in order for us to be able to officially publish flex in a public maven repo.

However, in order to use these in Flexmojos I would need them to be publically available (Even if I should be safe to have them in some SNAPSHOT version). How in general would the process of releasing these modules be? (as they are only a part of the utilities sub-project). Are we able to release parts of this independently from the rest of the utilities module? Otherwise I would stick to adding a clone of the code to Flexmojos for now and work with that till we have settled any release problems.

Chris

AW: Releasing The SDK-Converter (Mavenizer)?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Yes I am talking about the flex-utilities repo.

Well the sdk converter is built by maven and would probably be released using mavens built-in release process.
Here the same steps can be done as with Ant ... all the packaging, signing, deploying etc.
Think it would also be a good test for a maven based apache release.

The thing I was unsure about was that if it is possible to release parts of a repo. Bui I would assume that it is.

Chris

Are you talking about the flex-utilities repo?  You can definitely release
and subset of source code from that repo.  All you need is an ant script
that does the packaging and building.  The Installer is a subset of that
repo.

-Alex

Re: Releasing The SDK-Converter (Mavenizer)?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.