Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com> on 2006/09/07 18:23:07 UTC

Problem with two instances on same network

I am developing ServiceMix components, therefore I have ServiceMix installed
and running on my development machine (Machine 1).  I need to deploy another
instance of ServiceMix on another machine (Machine 2) so that other
developers are able to communicate with it for their own development, this
instance will have all of the same components that I have on my machine.
The problem that I am running into is that when I start ServiceMix on
Machine 2 and then attempt to start it on Machine 1, I receive errors over
and over again.  The error is:

Error processing incoming broadcast message
Javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes.  Reason:
java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.xml.namespace.QName; local class
incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -9120448754896609940,
local class serialVersionUID = 4418622981026545151

Why am I receiving this exception and how can I fix it?
If I just want these two instances to run separately, what do I need to do?

Thank you very much for you assistance.

Doug

Re: Problem with two instances on same network

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
No, the class is not missing, but maybe it is loaded
from a different jar, and has a different serial UID.
For example, the implementation from Geronimo [1]
does not define the serial UID, so it is generated by the JVM.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-qname_1.1_spec-1.1/src/main/java/javax/xml/namespace/QName.java?revision=487046&view=markup

On 1/3/07, robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:

> Sorry for that post, I tried the serialver utility on my MacBook and it came
> back with the serial as 4418622981026545151L. It would appear that something
> strange is going on. The two boxes that are returning the negative value are
> running Linux. Would it be possible that the negative number signifies that
> the class is missing?
>
> -Rob
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The sources from this class in Sun jdk 5 has the following snippet:
> >     /**
> >      * <p>Stream Unique Identifier.</p>
> >      */
> >     private static final long serialVersionUID = 4418622981026545151L;
> >

> > On 1/3/07, robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> When I use the serialver utility I get the serial id as
> >> -9120448754896609940L
> >> for javax.xml.namespace.QName.
> >>
> >> I tested this in two different 1.5.0 JVMs.
> >>
> >> I couldn't figure out where the 4418622981026545151 came from

> >> machine.

> >> -9120448754896609940,

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Problem with two instances on same network

Posted by robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The sources from this class in Sun jdk 5 has the following snippet:
    /**
     * <p>Stream Unique Identifier.</p>
     */
    private static final long serialVersionUID = 4418622981026545151L;

On 1/3/07, robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:

> When I use the serialver utility I get the serial id as -9120448754896609940L
> for javax.xml.namespace.QName.
>
> I tested this in two different 1.5.0 JVMs.
>
> I couldn't figure out where the 4418622981026545151 came from
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Are you running both instances on the same jvm ?
> > 4418622981026545151 is the serialId under sun jdk 5,
> > but i don't know for the other one.  You need to use
> > the same class for both instances.
> >
> > On 9/7/06, Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am developing ServiceMix components, therefore I have ServiceMix
> >> installed
> >> and running on my development machine (Machine 1).  I need to deploy
> >> another
> >> instance of ServiceMix on another machine (Machine 2) so that other
> >> developers are able to communicate with it for their own development,
> >> this
> >> instance will have all of the same components that I have on my machine.
> >> The problem that I am running into is that when I start ServiceMix on
> >> Machine 2 and then attempt to start it on Machine 1, I receive errors
> >> over
> >> and over again.  The error is:
> >>
> >> Error processing incoming broadcast message
> >> Javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from bytes.  Reason:
> >> java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.xml.namespace.QName; local class
> >> incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -9120448754896609940,
> >> local class serialVersionUID = 4418622981026545151
> >>
> >> Why am I receiving this exception and how can I fix it?
> >> If I just want these two instances to run separately, what do I need to
> >> do?
> >>
> >> Thank you very much for you assistance.
> >>
> >> Doug
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Problem with two instances on same network

Posted by robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com>.

Posted by Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com>.
Guillaume,

It seems like that was the problem.  I updated both machines with the newest
version and that fixed it.

Thanks,
Doug

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.