Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2007/11/01 16:47:14 UTC

[veltools 2] Javadoc typo?

Nathan,

While looking at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.LinkTool in the 2.x
branch, I see that the tool says "Since VelocityTools 1.0".

I wanted to ask if you should change that to "2.0" since this class
didn't exist until the 2.x branch. On the other hand, the tool itself
"LinkTool" has existed since the beginning.

Since I usually think about java classes and not components such as a
"tool", I just want to know the policy regarding the labeling of "since"
versions. Are we documenting the class/method, or are we documenting the
tool itself?

Also, you have the "addAllParameters" method marked as "Since 2.0", but
it looks like it's in the 1.x branch, too, so it might be more correct
to say "since 1.3" if you really are going to push-out a 1.3 release.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
-chris

Re: [veltools 2] Javadoc typo?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/07, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> While looking at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.LinkTool in the 2.x
> branch, I see that the tool says "Since VelocityTools 1.0".
>
> I wanted to ask if you should change that to "2.0" since this class
> didn't exist until the 2.x branch. On the other hand, the tool itself
> "LinkTool" has existed since the beginning.
>
> Since I usually think about java classes and not components such as a
> "tool", I just want to know the policy regarding the labeling of "since"
> versions. Are we documenting the class/method, or are we documenting the
> tool itself?

good question and good catch.  let's stick with the java class.  will
fix shortly.

> Also, you have the "addAllParameters" method marked as "Since 2.0", but
> it looks like it's in the 1.x branch, too, so it might be more correct
> to say "since 1.3" if you really are going to push-out a 1.3 release.

heh.  that's just funny.  well, since they are technically in
different classes, and it is even odds as to whether 1.3.1 or
2.0-beta1 will be released next, i think i'll leave this one alone.