Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/10 20:17:49 UTC

Downloading resource files with Maven

Hi all ,
I want to download some resource files from a remote location during
my Maven build before execute test phase  , is there any plug-in or
any way to achieve this ...? I couldn't find way to  do this with
Maven Resources plug in, but  in Ant Get Task [1] provide this
feature.

[1] - http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/get.html

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - ssagara.blogspot.com
Web - http://sagaras.awardspace.com/

Re: Downloading resource files with Maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I want to download some resource files from a remote location during
> my Maven build before execute test phase  , is there any plug-in or
> any way to achieve this ...? I couldn't find way to  do this with
> Maven Resources plug in, but  in Ant Get Task [1] provide this
> feature.

1. Maven is not Ant. But generally you can use Ant tasks in your Maven
build, if you specify the right dependencies in your plugin execution
etc. So you could arguably make this work just like it does in Ant, if
you really wanted to.
2. What kind of resource files are you looking to acquire, and for
what purpose?
3. If you can package the resource in a resource bundle, then you can
use the maven-remote-resource-plugin to get it [a] . Or the dependency
plugin's unpack mojo [b].

[a] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/
[b] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/

Wayne