Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sameer <sa...@c2.net> on 1997/05/14 21:29:01 UTC

JDK HTTP stuffs

David,
	I don't think you're the right person to talk to about this,
but since the Apache Group has been trying to use "channels" to get
this problem solved and that has failed, I thought I'd send you an
email.

	The JDK's HTTP library apparently doesn't like the fact that
Apache returns 'HTTP/1.1' when you make an 'HTTP/1.0' request. The
HTTP/1.0 and the HTTP/1.1 spec both state than an HTTP 1.0 client
should be able to accept responses from an HTTP/1.1 server, even
though it doesn't support all HTTP/1.1 features.
	Can you let the right folks at javasoft know so they can fix
the jdk? Thanks.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777