Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com> on 2006/09/02 18:41:12 UTC

Re: Tacos -Unicode- How it works?

what difficulty are you having, exactly?  Bear in mind that java (and
tapestry) use the default locale to determine the charset used to read
and write files if the Reader or Writer class does not explicitly have
new charset set before reading or writing begins.  So if your default
locale is using a charset that is not compatible with the charset in
your docs (utf-8?), then you'll have problems.  If you want java to
always use UTF-8 when reading and writing files, just place the
following in your JAVA_OPTS environment variable:

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

--sam