Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "BRUGGEMAN Jens (JBRG)" <Je...@seco-m.be> on 2005/03/03 08:06:23 UTC

Locking

Hi,
We have large .NET projects (C#) in one repository.  Some developers changed
the same forms which causes alot of conflicts which they needed to manually
solve.
I asked myself if subversion has a possibility to lock certain files for
example forms.  I know it's a big advantage not to lock files (working with
local working copies) but certain times designer objects need to be locked
for not having too much conflicts.

Greetings,
Jens

Re: Locking

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@peralex.com>.
Hi

I've found that a whiteboard that all of the programmers can see works quite well for small projects.
With 2 columns: FileName and LockedBy - only the "core" files need to be listed.

Regards,
    Noel

Martin Schayna wrote:
> Noel Grandin wrote:
>  > Locking is a feature slated for the next version of subversion.
>
> I hope this version SVN 1.2 will be on time (march/april 2005), in fact
> I'm stuck on it. There are many situation in which strict locking is the
> only solution.
>
> Martin Schayna

NOTICE: Please note that this email, and the contents thereof,
are subject to the standard Peralex email disclaimer, which may
be found at: http://www.peralex.com/disclaimer.html

If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached
 and you wish to receive a copy thereof please send
 an email to email@peralex.com

Re: Locking

Posted by Martin Schayna <ms...@aktis.cz>.

Re: Locking