Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by MatSM <ab...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/08 22:52:40 UTC

Quartz Clustering in Servicemix Assemblies

Hi ,

One of the project requirement is to cluster two instance of servicemix and
quartz. In our case , we have a few Service Assemblies installed in the one
instance of Servicemix. And the same number in the other instance of
Servicemix. Deploying assemblies with quartz.properties file in the conf
folder of Smix/home doesn't seem to do the job at the SA/ Service Unit
level.

So we are moving the quartz.properties file to the classpath of the SUnits.

Now the question,

Doing so we will have many quartz.properties file in one instance of
servicemix and similar number in the other instance.  Setting the
org.quartz.scheduler.instanceId = AUTO may create different INSTANCE_NAME in
the  scheduler_state table.

In this case how does the clustering work. Each assembly will have an
instance_name created. Now if  two quartz component in different assembly
running in one Servicemix instance need to fire at the same time , how does
that work. However, the similar two quartz components in the different
instance of Servicemix shouldn't fire.

Any questions to clarify / answers on the above are appreciated.

Thanks
Mat