Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by dong wang <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 10:23:50 UTC

some questions about Kylin usage

1, when creating a cube and reach the "Refresh Setting" step, the default
"Partition Type" is "Append" with the tips "Leave as default if the cube
always needs full build" on the right page, is it correct? and what's the
difference between "Append" and "Update_Insert" for the "Partition type"?

2, could anyone please give me more examples about "aggregation groups"
setting?

Re: some questions about Kylin usage

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Find GIT_REPO/examples for some sample cubes. Briefly "aggregation group"
is a way to build partial cubes.

By default, a 4-dimension full cube (A, B, C, D) will generates 16 cuboids,
the combination of all 4 dimensions. But you can specify smaller
aggregation groups, like (A, B), (C, D), to only generate the combinations
between (A, B) plus the combinations between (C, D), which result 8 cuboids.

Read this if you haven't
http://www.slideshare.net/YangLi43/design-cube-in-apache-kylin

Cheers
Yang