Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Chadha Pooja <Ch...@bcg.com> on 2016/04/15 16:29:04 UTC

Unable to access Resource Manager /Name Node on port 9026 / 9101 on a Spark EMR Cluster

Hi ,

We have setup a Spark Cluster (3 node) on Amazon EMR.

We aren't able to use port 9026 and 9101 on the existing Spark EMR Cluster which are part of the Web UIs offered with Amazon EMR. I was able to use other ports like Zeppelin port, 8890, HUE etc

We checked that the security settings currently are open to everyone, and it is not an issue with security.

URLs

Hadoop ResourceManager

http://master-node-IP:9026/

Hadoop HDFS NameNode

http://master-node-IP:9101/

Errors Observed on Fiddler:
Port 9026:
[Fiddler] The connection to 'masternodeIP' failed.
Error: TimedOut (0x274c).
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond <<MasternodeIP>>:9026

Port 9101:
[Fiddler] The connection to <<MasternodeIP>>: failed.
Error: TimedOut (0x274c).
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond <<MasternodeIP>>:9101

Does anyone have any experiences or pointers? Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message,
you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or
any information contained in the message. If you have received this material
in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you.

Re: Unable to access Resource Manager /Name Node on port 9026 / 9101 on a Spark EMR Cluster

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ever since emr-4.x, the service ports have been synced as much as possible
with open source, so the YARN ResourceManager UI is on port 8088, and the
NameNode UI is on port 50070. See
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/ReleaseGuide/emr-release-differences.html#d0e23719
for
more information.

~ Jonathan

Posted by Wei-Shun Lo <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chanda,

You may want to check by using nmap to check whether the port and service
is correctly started locally.
ex. nmap localhost

If the port is already successfully internally, it might be related to the
outbound/inbound traffic control in your security group setting.

Just fyi.

--
Best Luck,
Ralic Lo