Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2004/05/05 05:49:01 UTC

Re: OO menus

Hi,

>   [- Execute('../_menu.epl') -]

this simply excutes the code/html in menu.epl

>   [- Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) -]

this will return you an object, e.g. you can do

[-
$obj = Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) ;
$obj -> display_menu(\@menu) ;
-]

if you have defined display_menu as a sub inside of menu.epl

>   [- Execute({isa => '../_menu.epl'}) -]

if you ut this in your base.epl, base.epl (and therefore the Embperl request
object) will inheret all methods, so anywhere you can say

[-
$epreq -> display_menu(\@menu) ;
-]

>   [- Execute({inputfile => '../_menu.epl'}) -]

this is the same as the first example.

> Are there others?  Should I put my data into sub routines like is
> shown at times in the docs and the inslut example?
>
> I want to have the html generating code as a widget called in from the
> top-level _base.epl say from _widgets.epl.   I would call with the
> subroutine &menu with @menu data structure parameter.  The subroutine
> would know how to walk through the structure to print it out.

So you should use the isa solution as shown above.

Gerald

> I am speaking in vauge terms because I feel that I can write each
> little piece but I don't quite see how to fit the whole into the
> embperl framework.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts,

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der KOMCOM 2004 in Mannheim
25. bis 27. Mai 2004  Stand K11a   www.komcom.de

Re: OO menus

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> Thanks for the responce.
>
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:49:01AM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:
>>
>>>   [- Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) -]
>>
>> this will return you an object, e.g. you can do
>>
>> [-
>> $obj = Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) ;
>> $obj -> display_menu(\@menu) ;
>> -]
> In this example, what contructor is called?
> Can I write my own?

Everything that is inside [! !] is executed during the 'object => xxx'
initialization. There you can place your construction code or call your
construtor.

Gerald

Re: OO menus

Posted by Marco Scoffier <ma...@metm.org>.
Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the responce.

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:49:01AM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:

> >   [- Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) -]
>
> this will return you an object, e.g. you can do
>
> [-
> $obj = Execute({object => '../_menu.epl'}) ;
> $obj -> display_menu(\@menu) ;
> -]
In this example, what contructor is called?
Can I write my own?

Marco