Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sanjit Jhala <sj...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 18:30:20 UTC

Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector

Hi,

I'm taking another pass over the Hypertable Hive storage handler and adding
a bit more functionality to it (including regexp filtering). I was also
planning to upgrade the Hive version it uses from something between 0.4 &
0.5 to 0.6. In this regard, my preference is to upgrade to 0.6 but  I'm
wondering if theres any post 0.6 commits that would be particularly useful
as to justify using the bleeding edge instead of the 0.6 release.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Re: Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector

Posted by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sanjit,

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Sanjit Jhala <sj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks John. Just curious, I see the last commit for HIVE-1226 was almost a
> month before the 0.6.0 release and I'm wondering why it didn't get into the
> release.

We created the 0.6 branch several months before the actual 0.6 release. This
explains why there is already a large delta between 0.6 and trunk. In the
future we're going to try to minimize the time between the release and the
creation of the release branch.

Carl

Re: Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.
At the last Hive contributor meeting, we tentatively resolved to do a time-based release ASAP since so much has buffered up already.  There were suggestions for various features we might want to consider getting into 0.7, but none were identified as "must".  Some features (such as indexing) are currently in an incomplete state for end users, so we should call those out as part of the release.

Carl Steinbach will be doing release management again for 0.7, so he can fill in more details as plans shape up.

JVS

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Sanjit Jhala <sj...@gmail.com>.